Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Five Things that Make Me an Asshole

1) Some people are inclined to think that I am god's gift to humanity (my mother), and some people think that having been raised in this environment has made me somewhat of an arrogant asshole (my ex). Who is right? Well, I am--of course.

2) "You know, if it were a Mac, it would work." An alternate form of this line: "You wouldn't have that problem on a Mac." "I think it's an ID-ten-T error."

3) Speed limits just make an interesting obstacle course.

4) I think we should do a population adjustment, such that an IQ of 140 is average, instead of 100.

5) I'm full of shit.


Okay, so I have to come back and add a little bit to this post. Some people believe I actually *do* believe that I am always right. The reason that I sometimes come across this way is because I always assume everyone else is wrong. I never assume that I'm right, though it could seem this way with as fervently as I tend to argue my case. My brain works in such a way that I see numerous different possibilities whenever I consider a situation. I see potential strengths and flaws in any given discussion, and I try to make sense of the big picture. As a result, I ask questions that poke holes in an attempt to understand the topic, though it sometimes appears as if I'm trying to prove the other person is wrong and I know better. In reality, I'm full of shit and know next to nothing. :D Despite this, I still can come across looking like an arrogant, know-it-all, asshole. Being an atheist of the skeptic persuasion often exacerbates the situation when I'm surrounded by people that don't realize that astrology isn't real.

No comments: